Barimeals is a company that that was started by a bariatric patient that is a chef, for bariatric patients. Our mission is to meet the food and supplement needs for those that have had bariatric surgery. All meals have been designed for patients who have had surgery more than 3 months ago and are back on solid foods. Though, we do offer some items for those in phases one through three.
Our meal plans are prepared by our culinary chefs and are dietician approved. All meals are portion controlled and measured to ensure that you get the optimal amount of protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals to ensure that you succeed in your weight maintenance journey.
Congratulations on taking this step towards a healthier and happier future. In order to succeed, your lifestyle and food choices need to change. This process may be harder and tougher than the surgery itself.
Barimeals is here to support your unique nutritional needs, and to take the guesswork and struggle out of healthy eating. What we offer you:
- Our meals are prepared and cooked by chefs, flash frozen and shipped weekly
- Convenient meal delivery shipped to your door weekly
- Energy and vigor that comes from eating a balanced and nourishing tasteful meal
- Confidence in knowing your lifestyle and food choices support your goals
We do the cooking for you!
In addition to your meals supplied by us, we suggest you consume up to three healthy snacks per day.
We also recommend a daily multivitamin supplement to ensure your nutritional requirements are met. Please consult your healthcare professional for recommendations.
Please make sure you stay hydrated. To be successful in your maintenance, try to keep most of your calorie allowance for solid foods, and stick with water. Depending on your procedure, you may need to separate fluids from your meals in order to meet your hydration requirements. It is a best practice to not drink 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after each meal. Your water intake goal should be 64 ounces of water daily.
Our program has been designed to support you with meeting your nutritional requirements post bariatric surgery. With the inclusion of up to three snacks per day, a daily multivitamin and 64 ounces of water per day, you will achieve the following recommended targets:
- A daily energy intake of 800 – 1200 calories
- A minimum of 60-80g of total protein each day
- Approximately 2 – 3 servings of vegetables
- A wide variety of foods, providing a broad range of nutrients for optimal health.
With each meal, you can expect the following:
- Appropriate portion size of approximately 1 to 1.5 cups of food
- Delicious tasting food prepared from scratch by our chefs
- Approximately 250 to 300 calories per serving
- High protein foods
Other Nutritional Considerations
Choosing the right foods to nourish your body is paramount to your success. But it is not just what you eat, but how you eat too!
- Avoid skipping meals: Going for long periods without food may lead to overeating or eating too fast at the next meal. Poor intake over time can lead to nausea, lethargy, muscle loss and malnutrition.
- Stick to your portion size: You should be satisfied with a smaller volume of food. Overeating may lead to discomfort, reflux, stretching your stomach and other unwanted symptoms.
- East slowly and mindful: Allow your body the chance to feel full on a smaller volume of food. Eating quickly may also result in adverse effects such as reflux or blockages.
- Chew well: Poorly chewed food may increase the risk of blockages.
All Barimeals have been designed to complement your Maintenance Phase.
By 8 weeks post bariatric surgery, many people can tolerate solid foods comfortably. However, consult with your physician or nutritionist to determine the appropriate time to introduce solid foods.
It may take you a few weeks or months to build up to our meal portions. Consult with your physician or nutritionist to guide you on the appropriate meal portion size for you, and how to achieve your nutritional requirements.
By 6 months, many people will be able to tolerate approximately 800 to 900 calories per day and our meal portion sizes.
By 12 months, many people will be able to tolerate approximately 900 to 1200 calories per day.
Depending on the type of bariatric surgery you have had, some meals may not be suitable for you. If you are concerned about poor tolerance of certain ingredients, seek advice from your physician or nutritionist.
Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional prior to beginning any weight maintenance program. The content on our website is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice or to replace a relationship with a qualified healthcare professional.
You have a variety of meals to choose from so please order your meal plan carefully. After placing your order please review your meal plan and contact us immediately if a mistake has been made. We may not be able to give refunds if you simply change your mind, but we may be able to correct any errors in the order process prior to shipment. If goods have been shipped, no changes or refunds will be available. If the meal you receive is different to what you purchased online or is damaged, please contact us immediately via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further options.